For automobiles, the transmission system is one of the most important systems that include more than a hundred components running to operate a vehicle. The transmission system builds up power with the help of the engine and then transfer to the wheels.
Without a transmission system, your vehicle won’t be able to move or generate power.
It is important to keep the transmission system checked and well maintained always. With Kfzteile24 gutsheinecode from Gutscheinecode-Deutschland.info, you can get your automobile routine maintenance and resolve your vehicle issues at low prices.
Types of transmission
There are two types of transmission.
- Manual transmission
- Automatic transmission
The driver requires a manual transmission to shift the gears at all time. On other hand, automatic transmission requires the least effort, and gears are shifted automatically, depending on the speed.
If you are thinking about the transmission system and how does it operate? Well, both type of transmission system operates differently.
When a vehicle is stalled, the transmission system disconnects the link between the engine and wheels. To learn everything about the transmission systems and how it works, read the complete guide below.
1. Manual transmission
A manual transmission is a standard transmission class where the person uses the gear stick to shift gears.
You can shift the gear by using the clutch through the pedal located on the left side of the brake pedal. While pressing the clutch pedal, shift the gear by using a gear stick and release the clutch pedal.
If a person repeatedly uses the clutch slowly, the gear disc will be broken and if a person releases a clutch pedal faster, the engine will stop running.
Important parts of a manual gearbox
Mentioning the different parts of the gearbox will assist you with understanding how a manual transmission works. A few important parts of a manual gearbox include:
- Clutch system – Operating with different parts, the clutch moves the power generated by the engine to the transmission. The clutch pedal is a part of the gear that is controlled by using hydraulic pressure. At the point when you release the pedal, it frees the clutch
- Flywheel – It is round in shape and operated to send the engine power to the clutch disc. It is connected with the flat surface of the flywheel.
- Collar – A piece of gear shaped like an arm that guides in moving the collars through the output shaft shaped like a long tube. By locking the collar, you can always shift to different gears.
- Synchronizers – Assist the gear and collar to connect and maintain a speed if there are changes.
- Layshaft & output shaft – the layshaft is linked with the output shaft when any one component receives the power generated by the engine.
- Gears – Gear frequently comes in various sizes in a manual gearbox. Big gear wheels have more teeth and provide more force to decrease the vehicle’s speed, while small gear wheels offer less force to your vehicle to run at a faster speed.
How does a manual transmission operate?
- The first thing to do is push the clutch medal to free the clutch before switching on the engine. This step will disconnect the power between the transmission and motor shafts, ensuring that the engine can be switched on and power the vehicle.
- Change the gear by gearstick to the first so when the vehicle starts running you can change to the second gear when your vehicle is running at enough speed.
- The synchronizer linked with the collar assists the gear and output shaft by maintaining the speed if there are any changes.
- To move a vehicle, you need to press the gas pedal slightly and release your foot from the clutch pedal. The gas pedals are also linked with the gearbox and by which your automobile starts moving.
- Repeat the steps shared above to switch gears so you can drive faster or slow down.
Normally, cars are equipped with a five-speed manual transmission, but some luxury vehicles come with a six-speed manual transmission, such as Ford Mustang.
2. Automatic transmission
Using an automatic transmission is easy if compared with manual gear transmission. With an automatic transmission, you don’t have a gear shift or a clutch pedal.
After starting the vehicle, once the transmission started operating gear shifting is programmed automatically.
Important parts of an automatic gear transmission
Important parts of an automatic gear transmission are mentioned below. Read it to understand the transmission.
- Transmission casing – Holds all components of the transmission.
- Torque converter – Transfer the power from the vehicle motor to the input shaft.
- Epicyclic gearing – It assists in shifting gears to lower and higher.
How automatic gear transmission operates?
- The motor transfer power to the torque converter pump.
- The siphon gets the torque and with the help of the transmission liquid, directs it to the torque converter’s turbine.
- The fluid is transferred back to the siphon with the help of a stator.
- The stator again increases torque and transfers it back to the turbine.
- The turbine then rotates the shaft to transfer torque for the first epicyclic gear.
- The epicyclic gearing controls the power and transfers it to the rest of the parts.
- The torque generated from the torque converter will either make the vehicle run faster or stalled.
Steps of automatic gear transmission
- Park (P) – By changing the gear to park the vehicle does not move and locks the transmission system.
- Reverse (R) – By changing the gear to R, you can move your vehicle backward or reverse your car.
- Neutral (N) – It disconnects the link of the transmission with the wheels
- Drive (D) – By shifting the gear to D, you can allow your vehicle to move forward and speed up with the shifting of gears.
- Low (L) – Restricts your car to run at a limited speed which comes in handy while driving in middy areas.
After reading everything about transmission, you will know how the gear system works.
It is the most important part of your vehicle to operate and can cause problems if it is broken as your vehicle will be stalled. With Kfzteile24 gutsheinecode, you can always keep your vehicle maintained at discounted prices. So why take a risk? Visit Kfzteile24 and get your vehicle routine checkup before the long drive.